He Is Constant

November 14, 2013
So here's a few things that I really, really miss...
Fellowship.
Regular Bible studies/home groups.
Friends with a passion for Jesus.
People that you're able to be accountable to.

Being a Christian in University is difficult. Don't let anyone tell you any different. As my first year in university wraps up this has been something that I have been thinking a lot more about. I was raised in a Christian home, but I decided to really start living my life for Jesus in 2010. By the end of 2011 my two best friends and I were the heads of my school's Student Christian Association. Being a Christian in High School was easy, especially at my all-girls Anglican school. We had weekly Bible studies, Chapel services, SCA evenings and I was never short of fellowship. And here I sit at the end of my first year as a university student, craving the relationship I had with God and with other Christians in High School.

Via
I have always remained very true to myself and I have never wavered from what I believe in and so coming to University and being sucked up into the whole "party until you physically cannot walk anymore/alcohol/sex/drugs" lifestyle and temptations has never been an issue for me. I haven't "lost my faith" - for want of a better expression - I still turn to God with everything I do, I still love reading my Bible and just chatting to the Lord. What I miss and what I crave and what I so desperately need is a good church, a great group of Christian friends and just that fire for Jesus that I had in High School.

There's a really fun church here in Grahamstown that lots of students attend and I hope to be a part of it next year. This year has just been difficult. It's out of the way for a student like me without a car and I don't know anyone else who attends and it's really not safe for me to walk by myself. It's also taken a while for me to get settled into this year. There's been so much change - new home, new city, new province, new friends, new degree etc etc. I'm not trying to make excuses, (I am kind of, aren't I?) but I am so excited that I've acknowledged these feelings and this "lack" in my life so that I can make the necessary changes. And that's the point of this post - to remind myself that things change, life shifts and people come and go but one thing is constant. He is constant.

I'm not sure what next year will bring, but I am sure that through it all He is by my side. He sees how difficult being a Christian in a godless world is, and He's got a plan for this whole situation I've found myself in. I'm just not sure what that plan is yet.

2 comments:

  1. Believe that ! Be encouraged always ! God is on your side . Our father never leave us.
    Loved your post!

    http://daniaandjason.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling alone in a world out of sync with faith. There must be so many of us. Pray each morning and night - stay centered. If you don't feel tempted and torn anymore - you are torn away, the evil one no longer needs to tempt you. See you there -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.